2013. január 12., szombat


Smiiile, You are in Italy!!


The 7th of January 2013 will always be a memorable day for me. It was the beginning of something completely new that I was waiting for a long time. When I woke up that morning my beloved city, Szeged, was covered with fresh snow and the sun was shining brightly. What a magical day in the loveliest city of Hungary! After a while I realized the time had arrived for my departure. It’s never easy to leave our hometown behind, however the hope of the reunion always stays with us.

A few hours later I found myself in Italy again. I have never had such an easy flight, everything went perfectly. On the airplane I was surrounded by young Italians, some of them exhausted after their long nights in Budapest, others still vigorously chatting and even singing during the short journey. When you travel to Italy by airplane, you know you have just arrived if you hear this:


When I stepped out of the door of Malpensa’s terminal, Giada, Serena and Mel were waiting for me. In the following eight months the former two girls will be our mentors, assistants, guides, supervisors, workmates and so on.  If they did not invest enough energy in this project, we wouldn’t be here with Paulo.  As I have mentioned above, Paulo is a Portugal guy with who I will spend my EVS time. With a few hours difference, his plane landed in Milan then we occupied our new home in the district of Bicocca University. He even has a personal message for You, from the Piazza del Duomo:

 

It’s not easy to compress everything in a few lines that happened to us on the first week. It was all about acquiring everything needed for the ordinary life here (bank account, season ticket for transport, tax code) and meeting the people around our association in formal and informal ways. We even had time to pop up in the headquarters of AC Milan, in order to get some tickets for the upcoming Champions League game. Though we did not succeed and we didn’t even see Berlusconi, we already have some nice memories from the world of Italian football. Michele, the founder of Altropallone prize and the head of our association, managed to get some tickets for next week’s Inter-Bologna game, which is considered to be a special occasion. Later I will tell You why ;)

Now it’s time for our first party, let’s get ready for it! 


1 megjegyzés:

  1. Wow Bence, its really cool to read about yout life in Italy :) Have good start! Your german friend, Benny

    VálaszTörlés