2013. január 6., vasárnap


Thoughts before departure


What will you do in Milan?  Why are you going to Italy again? – These were the most common questions that I heard in the weeks before my departure. It wasn’t easy to give adequate answers in few sentences; therefore I decided to start a blog. I have never done this before, but I will try to do my best, I promise.

For those who know me, I don’t reveal a big secret if I say that I’m not a native English speaker. In fact, I have a lot to practice and this seems to be a great way to do it. The other reason behind choosing English is that I really wanted to share my thoughts with my friends all over the world. Hereby I apologise in advance for my grammatical mistakes.

In the upcoming months I will not just try to provide an imperfect explanation of my ordinary life in Milan, but I will also try to encourage You to participate in specific mobility programs of the European Union, could it be Erasmus, European Voluntary Service or anything else. I really hope that my entries, pictures, videos will bring You closer my real-life experiences and one day You will also start a blog from a different country of yours.

Now let me give brief answers for the initial questions:

What will I do in Milan? – Within the frameworks of the European Voluntary Service (EVS) I will work for 8 months at a civil organization called Altropallone. I’m not going to do this alone as a Portuguese guy, Paulo, has also been selected. The project is called „campi di coesine” or the „fields of cohesion”. I would say that three words perfectly describe the whole thing: immigrants, football and integration.

Why am I going to Italy again? – My first answer would be: Italy. I might be a little bit biased, but You will not find more beautiful country in Europe than the „belpaese”. I spent my Erasmus time in Verona which was undoubtedly one of the most amazing things that ever happened to me. Ever since I left the city of Romeo and Giulia, I wanted to return in Italy. One and a half years later I was selected for the project of Altropallone. Now here I am, in the doors of a completely new period of my life.

Let’s get started! 


2 megjegyzés:

  1. Great Bence, will follow you and read your stuff! Hope to meet you in Italy for a match!

    VálaszTörlés
  2. U're doing an excellent job Brenya :D take it easy, and see U there :D

    VálaszTörlés